Saturday, 10 May 2014

Diy Lush Style Lip Scrub

Winter is here and so as dry flaky lips I hate to wear lipstick when I have uneven surface on my lips so I decided to whip up my own lip scrub instead of buying one.I have been keeping my eyes on BUBBLE GUM lip scrub by LUSH the only thing thats been stopping me is making a special trip just to buy a lip scrub with a toddler who does not like to travel.I have 3 shopping centres near my place and none of them have a LUSH store hmmm what a shame ...


I was looking on LUSH's website and when I saw the ingredients here I thought thats easy I'm gonna make my own.Now my lip scrub is not exactly Ditto of "BUBBLE GUM" since I used different flavouring and darker colour for my lip scrub but I'm still going to call it "LUSH STYLE" so Lets just see what we need first:-

A Bowl
1 Tablespoon
1 Teaspoon
2 Tbsp Sugar (Castor/Brown) whatever you like
1/2 Tsp of Olive Oil
4-5 Drops of Food Colouring
3-4 Drops of vanilla Extract
1 small Container

Food colouring/vanilla for flavouring 

I only made half a container since I like to use it up while its fresh but you can always make more and just double the amount of ingredients.


First take 2 heaping tbsp of sugar and mix it with 1/2 of olive oil than add food Colouring and vanilla extract and mix it up and transfer it to your container.The texture of the scrub should be crumbly not runny and there you have a container of lip scrub made by the one and only YOU.

To use it take a small amount of the scrub and massage it onto your lips and wash away.Pat dry, Don't forget to use a lip balm and say good bye to dry/flaky lips.
Enjoy!

Are you using any scrub at the moment? Which one?



No comments:

Post a Comment