Thursday, 26 June 2014

Cinnamon and Pistachio Cake Recipe

I have been doing lot of baking recently, for last couple of days I have made about 4 cakes and some muffins and my boys seems to love what I have baked so far.I have decided that from now on I'll share one recipe a week with you guys.This week it's Cinnamon and Pistachio cake.Sorry the picture is so crappy I made it when the sun went down and moon was staring through my kitchen window but it was so delicious that my hubby thought I bought it from a store ,,,No hubby dear I made it I said with teary eyes,,,Because it's not everyday I hear him saying he enjoyed the food I cooked...(sad face)


Things You Will Need

60g butter
1 cup self raising flour
4 teaspoons cinnamon sugar
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 egg
1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
140g caster sugar
10-15 pistachios (chopped)

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 175 degree fan forced.
2. Grease and line a medium size loaf pan.
3. Mix butter and caster sugar together in a bowl than add the rest of the ingredients except cinnamon powder and stir them well.
4. Transfer all the mixture to already greased loaf pan and sprinkle 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder all over on the mixture.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or check by inserting a skewer,if the skewer inserted comes out clean than your cake is ready.
6. Let it sit for about 5 minutes before transferring the cake to wire rack.
7. Enjoy it while it's warm with a cup of tea/coffee.

I'm not a perfect cook/baker by any means but this turned out pretty good without any errors.


Click Here to enter my  INSTAGRAM giveaway.


9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. yum yum or like my son says nom nom,,,lol

      Delete
  2. I'm a big fan of anything cinnamon (and pistachio!) so this is now on my 'to bake' list. Perfect for Winter. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. vow.. wish i cud have a bite.. Thanks fr sharing ur recipe xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im baking it again would you like me to post it hehehe

      Delete
  4. Oh this looks so yummy- I almost feel like I could smell it! lol!!! hugs, Sissi www.beauty4free2u.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete