Friday, 13 June 2014

Home Remedies For Dry/Flaky Skin


I remember growing up every single time I complained about dry patches around my lips, my mum will pull out her most trusted tub of VASELINE and rub it on my dry patches and they will just disappear for the day and come back the following morning again.Till today as soon as winter arrives my skin starts to play up a lot I have dry skin and in winter time it gets worse especially those small dry patches around the lips just don't look pretty at all for a grown up women and thats when my face needs extra special services.I grew up around my six aunties and older cousins who always preferred putting home made face masks for these sorts of problem and till today I'm still using there recipes.

I personally like a combination of store bought and home made face packs so I thought I will share with you some of the home made packs I use to cure the dry flaky skin.


Yogurt Pack
Yogurt is something that is easily always available in anyone's fridge.All you need is a heaping teaspoon of plain yogurt and apply it on your face focusing on dry areas and patches.Leave it on for about 10-15 minutes and wash it off with cold water and pat dry following by a good moisturiser.

Banana pack
 Banana's are great for fresh and moist skin just mash 1 banana and add a teaspoon of honey and mix it together until it forms into a paste and leave it on your face for about 20-30 minutes and wash it off with cold water.

Honey pack
Honey is another ingredient that is available in everyone's home.This is my favourite face mask I use 2 tablespoon of organic honey and leave it on for 20-30 minutes and wash off with cold water.It's very sticky but is great in terms removing the dry patches away.

Almond pack
 Soak few almonds before you go to bed and than turn them into a paste by grinding them.Add some gram flour and few teaspoons of milk,mix it well together and apply a generous layer all over your face.Leave it on until its dry and than wet your hands with luke warm water and scrub off the mask gently.Wash and admire your newly pampered face.

Olive Oil
Dab a small amount of olive oil on your dry skin areas/patches and leave it on overnight or leave it on for 15-20 minutes during the day.Wash it and pat dry.

Things To Avoid
Don't use hot water to wash your face it will strip off the natural oils of your skin leaving it looking stressed,flaky and dry.
Limit you face washing to twice a day morning and evening.
Drink plenty of water.

I switch between these face packs until my skin goes back to normal.My face has no issues with any of these face packs but I suggest to stick with one of these for a while if you decide to use these packs and see if it works for you or not.

Do you use home made face packs? What do you use to treat dry/flaky skin?

**Note:-I'm not an expert by any means these are the home remedies I use to treat my own dry skin and have never experienced any allergies or reactions while using these face packs.

1 comment:

  1. Geat post Varin darling and I love your pic on the right top;)
    Love
    Charu
    http://myglossyaffair.com
    http://myfashionfootprints.com

    ReplyDelete