Monday, 21 July 2014

Turmeric Face Packs


Turmeric is one ingredient that is a part of most of  the dishes my hubby cooks and is an essential part of my skin care too.This kitchen spice is not just great for cooking but it can also be added in your skin care routine.

Turmeric is not expensive at all and can be find at any grocery store and Do you know it can also be use to cure so many issues such as acne,brightening complexion,anti-agening,arthritis and works like magic if used as an antiseptic and so on.I use turmeric mask at least once a week and have been using it for years and I must say its the best and easiest homemade face pack in my opinion.Turmeric is well known and used in india especially for the brides to be to achieve clear and brighter complexion just before there big day.

Because I use it every week I thought I will share with you how I use it as a face pack.

For Acne/pimples
Mix 2 tablespoon of graham flour with 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric and milk to make a paste.Go slowly when pouring milk to make a right consistency you would not wanna make it too runny.TIP You can add 1/2 olive oil or almond oil so it does not stain your face if you have really fair skin.

Use 1 tsp of turmeric with 1 tablespoon of sandalwood and mix it with water to make a paste,leave it on for 15-20 minutes and wash it off with cold water.By using this pack every 2-3 times a week it can cure acne not completely but to a great extent.

For Pigmentation And Brighter Complexion
Mix 1/2 turmeric with 1 tsp of lemon juice.Apply it on face and wash it off once it's dry.You will have to be consistently using this face pack for few weeks to see the results.

I tend to use the last face pack a lot than the other two's since my skin is acne free for now but as soon as I see anything new emerging on my face the first 2 packs are the one to shoo away any nasties.I also use few products just for mild acne/pimples which I will discuss in a different post.I hope you guys find this post helpful and handy for now or future.

Let me know if you use turmeric face pack?

Follow me

11 comments:

  1. Ooh, I really want to try the brightening mask. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that spice and it also could be use as a mask i hit the jackpot with this information giving it a try thanks.
    http://tifi11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I never knew Tumeric can be used on the skin. I will definitely have to try this out. Thanks for sharing :)
    Natalie♥
    Yours Truly, NY


    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi dear! Beautiful post,your blog it’s gorgeous! <3
    There is new post on my blog:
    http://peaceloveandvintagesite.blogspot.it/2014/07/greek-goddess.html
    What do you think about supporting each other by funning? 
    If you are interested,so please let me know or just me and I will fan you back! ;)
    xoxo <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is such a brilliant idea. I love eating tumeric but i've never thought of this before !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tips.I love turmeric too as it gives such a beautiful glow and removes my tan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this!
    Please check out my blog, I am a newbie. x0x0
    www.cookwithdesy.com

    ReplyDelete