Saturday, 16 August 2014

Antipodes Apostle Skin-Brightening & Tone-Correcting Serum Review

On my way back home from New Zealand I picked up Antipodes Apostle Skin-Brightening and Tone-Correcting Serum and as the name says it all its an organic serum for those wanting to brighten up there skin and correcting the skin tone.


I have had it for a while now and I just wanted to share the pro's and con's of this with you guys.Made in the land of kiwi's this serum is for people like me with sensitive skin.It claims to start showing results in 5 days.

What is it?

A water based serum to help correct dull blemished or uneven skin while restoring essential moisture with Waiwera mineral water (Apparently its the world's best water).Scientifically validated vinanza performance plus helps minimise facial redness and discolouration.

I'm not perfect by any means especially my face,, since having my son I have ended up with a lot of minor scarring due to melasma and hormone changes.My main problem are light melasma on my forehead,scarring under my right eye and again old scarring under my nose also old but slight pigmentation on my nose..You see I'm full of imperfections and don't like to hide them all the time and to make it worse I also have dry and sensitive skin..

Antipodes is well trusted brand so I did not really mind spending money on to this without reading any reviews.I started to use it day and night only 1-2 drops for the entire face,gently patting and it disappears into my skin in no time and at the beginning for the first five days it sadly did nothing to my face as it claims to start showing changes in 5 days.I also feel very dry on my face straight after patting this serum on my skin.

I still carried on with this serum day and night and after using for about 15 days it started to clear up my face making it look more brighter,smoother and nicely toned.I have been using it regularly for about good few weeks and I can now see my melasma and scarring under my right eye is almost at the fading stage however the pigmentation on my nose and the old scarring under my nose is still there,slightly lighter but still visible and noticeable.


The 30ml serum bottle has a dropper for easy applying and the product itself is light in consistency and kind of dark brown in colour.I'm personally not a fond of the scent as it almost smells like some medication I always hated to take when I was little.

Pro's:-
It works
Organic
Great For Skin Brightening and new scars 

Con's:-
Expensive
Feels very Dry Straight After Patting it onto my face
Did Not Work In First 5 Days
Scent Can Be An Issue
Very Slow To Show Results On Old Old Scarring.

Price:-$58.99
Availability:-Priceline

I still think its a great product for skin brightening,discoloration as well as to correct minor scarring/pigmentation but might not work for the old one's.For the price I paid I had high expectations from this but once again some of my scarring and pigmentation are more than almost 8 years old.I have been using it for just over 5 weeks now and I still have some product left in the bottle.I will keep on using it until Its all gone and will update if there are any further changes.

Will I buy it?
Maybe

Have you heard of this serum before?
This is not a sponsored post.All opinions are my own.

9 comments:

  1. Informative review this is the first time I heard of it.
    http://tifi11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard of this product before and sure sounds expensive too. Great post! :)

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this sort of beauty product and I'm always looking for a new one
    xxx
    mari
    www.ilovegreeninspiration.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Though there are few cons, yet it sounds pretty nice!! I think I may try it! ;)

    Happy sunday! :)
    Charu
    http://www.myglossyaffair.com/
    http://www.myfashionfootprints.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. A maybe is pretty good. It at least isn't an outright, "will not buy" product. I haven't testing this out, but it looks interesting.
    Bright Shiny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm I'd rather buy something cheaper that works better to be honest. The organic side is good though hm.. Mixed feeling about this product :)

    http://moreulzzlang.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love organic products, I've seen the range from antipodes and I really liked it but it's a bit pricey for me at this point in time T_T

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked ur honest review.. wud love to try some serum on my face as I have never tried one.. great review xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard a lot about this product, would love to give it a try now!

    www.voguevandal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete