Monday, 25 August 2014

Cleaning My Makeup Brushes

Over the weekend I did some cleaning,,,Cleaning of my makeup brushes,,,I always feel like its a big chore but than I also look forward to have smooth,clean and almost new MUP Brushes...


I'm going to be honest here I don't have too many makeup brushes and I don't really feel like I need to have every single brand out there either...too much work to clean the brushes I already have...so I have limited number of brushes that I actually use and a beauty blender by Real Techniques...

Although I don't do anything fancy I still thought I'll share with you How I clean my makeup brushes.


Before I start let me admit that I'm a huge fan of Tea Tree Oil which is a great as an antiseptic/anti-fungal/anti-bacterial agent. I do use it quite often for quite a few things and one of them is for cleaning my makeup brushes.


I take half a cup of hot water and half a cup of white vinegar + 4 to 5 drops of Tea Tree Oil.

I mix everything in a bowl and than leave the brushes in there for about 10 minutes.

Later I Swirl gently each of the brush in the water and gently squeeze out the water.

And than I Rinse them one more time under running water.

Reshape and let them dry on the paper towel/tissue papers or a clean towel.


That's it and I enjoy using squeaky clean makeup Brushes.

Thats all I do and I have never experienced any breakout from my makeup brushes.The tea tree oil does not really leave any scent behind once the brushes are dry and ready to be used again.I also clean my beauty blender in a same way.

MUP Brushes really need to be cleaned properly once a week at least especially if they get used everyday they can retain makeup residue allowing nasty Bacteria into them if not cleaned after each use causing breakouts and possibly further skin problems.

Hope you enjoy the post.
Talk soon
x

How do you clean your Makeup Brushes?





10 comments:

  1. Tea tree is a wonder house hold products; along with lemon, vinegar and bicarb. thanks for the tips, I'm still looking for them best way to clean out my brushes. however I do find it a little funny your statement about having a limited number brushes, when you have twice the amount as I do :P . suppose you've been collecting longer than me. I'm curious how/where you store them, as I'm too sure what to do with mine.

    ~Annie from beauty-pi.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. real tech ones are the new the other I have had them for a while...I still think I dont have too many of the brushes like some other beauty lovers I have seen ...I have recently bought plant pot holders from Ikea for like $4 each...they are pretty and spacious to keep all my brushes in...will put a pic up here on the blog,,,

      Delete
  2. Great tip in maintaining your brushes thanks for sharing.
    http://tifi11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never used vinegar for cleaning. But would do from now. I clean my brushes every week. Love your tips. Need to get a bottle of tea tree oil.....
    Loads of love

    http://www.indiancurvychic.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips here. Thanks for sharing Beautiful.

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds great! Tea tree oil is keeping the brushes safe! xx
    http://makeuptricksandtips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use Dove Soap/ Baby soap or baby shampoo to clean my brushes very simple.. i liked ur tips as well.. thanks fr sharing ,, very helpful indeed ☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never knew that tea tree oil can be so good when it comes to cleaning brushes!! Will try this time, if somehow I manage to get time to clean my brushes! Usually I ask my sis to do me this favour! :D

    Have a lovely week ahead!
    Charu
    http://www.myglossyaffair.com/
    http://www.myfashionfootprints.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of using tea tree oil! I just use baby shampoo and conditioner as if I was washing a normal person haha.

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  9. great tips dear. very useful =) say would you like to follow each other dear? =) jut let me know in my blog hugs. http://anotsosecretlife2011.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete