Friday, 3 October 2014

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge Review

Few months ago I ordered Real Techniques Brushes and a Miracle Complexion Sponge from Iherb.You can see my haul Here.I was very excited when I purchased this sponge by RT since everyone in my knows was raving about it.Ever since I got this sponge I have only used it about 5-6 times.Prior to this I have never used any kind of sponge or even a Beauty Blender.


On to the price first I paid $6.82 in US Dollars pretty cheap but expensive if I was going to buy it on its own due to the extra $$ for shipping from US to Australia.

At First, I used it with my much loved Benefit Cosmetics Hello Flawless Foundation and I was absolutely stunned to see the results.It left my skin looking flawless with great coverage and smooth finish and no streaks what so ever which I thought was quite impressive considering I have very dry skin and if I put my foundation on with any brush I can still see few dry spots around my lips and in between my both eyebrows.

This egg shaped sponge is great for everyday use and has 3 different sides of it including Rounded side,Precise Tip and Flat edge.I use the rounded side to blend in my foundation and the tip to cover any pimples and blend the foundation around my nose.I don't really use the flat edge for contouring since I prefer my RT Multi Tasking Brush for that.


After using it for only few times it has now started to fall apart (see picture) even after using and washing it gently.I'm not sure what went wrong but I have not really used it much.

Here are few Pro's and Con's of the Miracle Complexion Sponge:-

Pro's

Cheap 
Gives a flawless and smooth finish
Lightweight
Travel Friendly
Works great with liquid foundation
Multi functional Sponge can be used for contouring as well as applying foundation.
Claims to reduce the appearance of the pores and It definitely hides my pores.

Con's 

Not easy. to clean (I wash it with Baby Shampoo and Tea Tree Oil)
Feels greasy even after cleaning it well
Retains product after washing it 
Requires more product to blend in than usual 

I obviously can't compare it to the beauty Blender since I have never used one but the only main issue for me is the sponge falling apart.I will still keep on using it until It completely dies.

Will I purchase it again Unfortunately not I would love to try the Beauty Blender instead.

Availability iherb
Have you heard or used Real Techniques Sponge? Do share your thoughts with me?

18 comments:

  1. Omg I have it and it happen to me I compare it to a 4 dollar one in walmart and notice the 4 dollar one last me longer it has been wash 15 times and still going. Glad you did this review very honest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you know my pain than Jackie I just wish if it was made of a good material that's all
      I'll take my $$ to beauty blender next time
      ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

      Delete
  2. Oh wow I hope you just received a dud one! I've been using mine for months and also bought mine from iherb and havent noticed any shredding yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You lucky one I know some people who had no dramas with it either and I do hope it's just a faulty one and won't happen again of I ever want to repurchase it again ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

      Delete
  3. Personally, I absolutely love this sponge because of the gorgeous natural finish it gives my base. I don't use it very often though because it is quite time consuming to apply. I have washed it multiple times though and it hasn't fallen apart yet - thank goodness! It does stain a bit though, and is quite hard to clean.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you it does provide a nice and smooth finish which I really love about it ,,,did you buy from iherb too?

      Delete
  4. I loved your honest review Varinder.. well BB are not available here n buying online is a pain coz of customs.. well seemed that it wasnt worth it at all.. hope u find a better one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Natasha
    I'm just really annoyed with the breaking part ...

    Have you tried iherb they ship overseas but not sure of they post it to India?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always wanted to try this beauty blender dupe! Too bad the quality isn't that promising x_x However for the price, it's hard to complain.

    xx
    http://felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi dear and thanks for stopping by my blog! I follow you here, google+, bloglovin and twitter right now, I hope you do the same!
    Anto
    http://antonailsandmakeup.blogspot.it/
    https://twitter.com/AntoNailsMakeUp

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for following dear!! im following you too on gfc and bloglovin! kisses!

    www.fashionizein.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Blog! Would you like to follow each other?
    Check out my blog and facebook page:
    www.wajihaslifediary.blogspot.com
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=337766586400230&fref=ts

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always been curious about the beauty blender, but the cleaning part puts me off, i break out easily so I need really clean brushes all the time :/

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW - I was just browsing through & stumbled upon your lovely blog - It looks gorgeous and it has interesting posts that I can relate to. I'm now following you via gfc, Hope you check out my blog? keep in touch love x

    Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  12. I havent still try spunge, but who ever try it that I know was very pleased. But I like idea to try it :)
    Like your blog maybe we could follow each other ? :)
    Overpowered

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice post and lovely blog!
    Would you like to follow each other?
    ♥ ♥ ♥

    http://www.MARTAsFASHIONdiary.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi dear
    Nice review, thanks for sharing, I've never heard anything about this sponge, I'm glad to learn something more :)
    Btw, wanna follow each other?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have this and only used it twice just cause I'm lazy and don't like to wash it every time I used it haha :P
    ♥Natalie
    Yours Truly, NY


    ReplyDelete